Do you find yourself disappointed by your stubborn fat that will not go away after countless hours at the gym and your change in diet? Fat may be a result of your hereditary genes, no matter how hard you work to get rid of it. Liposuction is a great way for all Chicago residents to help contour and enhance their physique with long lasting results. It is the one of the most popular procedures to get rid of stubborn fat. Here at Ellehomme Holistic Medical Spa, we place all our trust on Dr. James Joseph, MD– our board certified plastic surgeon.
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction is the preferred option to getting rid of excess fat and body contouring around the world. It is a method of surgically extracting fat cell deposits beneath your skin that results as visible love handles or fat folds. The procedure is great to define and contour your body shape that you have been working hard for.
Liposuction is not intended for weight loss; it should be used to manage troublesome fat after reaching your healthy body goal. You must remain at a healthy weight to have long lasting or even permanent results. Extreme weight gain can cause the remaining fat cells to increase in size and new fat cells can be created.
What are the Benefits of Liposuction?
It has numerous benefits that get your body to look and feel like you have always wanted.
- Achieve your body goals by eliminating stubborn fat*
- Sculpt your body in areas that exercise and dieting can’t target*
- Increase your confidence and self esteem*
- Improve your overall health*
*Individual results will vary in each patient.
What Problem Areas Can Liposuction Target?
Liposuction is effective in removing excess fat from multiple areas in your body such as:
- Abdominal area
- Chest area
- Inner and outer thighs
- Neck area (double chin and neck rolls)
- Upper and lower back (love handles)
How Can I Prepare Before Getting Liposuction?
Before getting liposuction, you must consult with Dr. James Joseph to determine if you are a good candidate for the surgery. A medical examination may be required prior a liposuction procedure. Dr. James Joseph will help you determine if the treatment is right for you.
If you choose to have liposuction done, you must sign a consent form that you are fully aware of all the benefits, risks, and alternatives to the surgery.
Day before the surgery:
- Remain hydrated, drink about 16 cups of water throughout the day
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before the surgery
What Can I Expect During Liposuction?
During a liposuction surgery, you can expect the following:
- No pain will be experienced, you will be under local or general anesthesia depending on the treatment area*
- The procedure may last 1 to 4 hours, depending on the treatment area and quantity of fat extraction
- You will have a safe and relaxing environment
- Time of the procedure will vary in each patient.*
What Can I Expect After Liposuction?
After liposuction, you can expect the following:
- Depending on the type of surgery and anesthesia, you may leave after the procedure or may have to spend a overnight stay
- Support bandages will be applied to protect your well-being
- Antibiotics and painkiller medications may be prescribed to help with any pain or inflammation
- Stitches will be applied to heal your open wound, a follow up appointment will be set to remove the stitches
- Bruising and swelling may be present, your skin will heal within a few weeks
What is the Recovery Time to Liposuction?
You can expect full recovery from the procedure several weeks after your surgery. Recovery time varies on the treatment area and amount of excess fat removal. Smaller treatment areas have a faster recovery time in comparison to lower body and larger treatment areas. During your recovery period it is best suggested to have total rest and abstain from heavy lifting and movement. Recovery time will vary in each patient, following the doctor’s protocols will help you recover at a steady pace.
What Results Can I Expect from Liposuction?
You can start seeing visible improvements during your recovery stage. Your optimal results will be noticeable 4 – 8 weeks after your liposuction, results vary in each patient. It is not a weight management tool, any excessive weight gain can cause your remaining fat cells to grow larger or new fat cells may be created.*
Am I a Good Candidate for Liposuction?
Do you find yourself having a difficult time getting rid of stubborn fat? Diet changes and exercise are just not cutting your target areas? Do you consider yourself healthy but just have a few problem areas with unwanted fat?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, you might be a great candidate for liposuction.
Conditions to be eligible:
- Good health and healthy weight
- Avoid smoking, aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, and contraceptive pills at least 2 weeks prior your scheduled liposuction
- Take iron supplements if you suffer from anemia
- Anyone who is pregnant or trying to get pregnant during the recovery period is not suitable for liposuction
Further consultation will be required to determine if you are eligible for the treatment, not every patient is eligible.
Transfer Your Fat to Enhance Your Body!
Did you know that you can transfer your fat from the procedure to enhance your body in all the right places with fat transfer? Retrieve your youthful appearance, have bigger breasts, or gain the voluptuous butt you have been dreaming of with long lasting results.* Click here to learn more about fat transfer and how you can you use your fat to beautify yourself.
Schedule Your Consultation with Dr. James Joseph Today!
Are you a Chicago resident or plan to visit soon, schedule your complimentary consultation with Dr. James Joseph today. He will help you determine if liposuction is right for you. Here at ElleHomme Holistic Med Spa, we are dedicated to providing all of our clients with the revolutionary beauty treatments to be the look and feel the best they can be. Radiate your inner-beauty outwards, call us today!